ASC17 Call for Competition Applications
The ASC Student Supercomputer Challenge aims to promote the cultivation of young talent, advocate supercomputing R&D, and drive innovation to advance supercomputing application in all industries. ASC17 has opened team registration for the upcoming competition. All university students worldwide are welcome to participate.
Every year, ASC offers different competition applications that address current trends and developments in the field. The ASC committee invites HPC professionals to submit application proposals for ASC17. The selected proposal will be used for the competition.
- Fill out the application form and email it to email@example.com by January 31, 2017.
- The ASC17 Committee will evaluate all submitted proposals. A short list of candidates will be contacted for required files and further tests.
ASC17 calls for application optimizations that meet the following requirements:
- The typical use of the application is for scientific research and industry operations.
- The application should include a source code, installation package, and license. Linux-based applications should be supported by MPI Parallel.
- If contacted in the second stage, the application owner should be able to provide complete technical files including application examples, manuals of code compiling, running mode, performance projections, and correctness verification.
Selected Application Proposals
- The owner of the selected application will serve as a member of the ASC17 Evaluation Committee and the ASC17 Judge Committee to assess the application performance of student teams at the ASC17 Finals. The application owner will provide full support regarding the selected application throughout the ASC17 competition.
- All finalist teams are committed to sign a confidentiality agreement for the exclusive right to use the application during ASC17. Finalists are prohibited from unauthorized use of the application outside of the competition.
- Upon request, the application owner will receive a brief record of the best optimization achieved with the selected application during ASC17.
If there are any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.